INSPIRE Community Forum

rangeparameters, axis orientation, csv file

Hi,

1. Is Rangeparameters under Rangeset  a mandatory property:? And if yes  what did you encode? I have not seen it in the feature catalogue within the Technical guideline.

2. Axis orientation: Is there a property where I can record their orientation versus the parallells and meridians?

3. In the present model, the elevation values is not in the gml file but is to be found in a geotiff or other rasterformat whose url adress is to be found in the gml file. But would it not be also worth to have these elevation values recorded in a csv or equivalent file together with the x and y coordinates whose url would also be in the gml file.?

4. Sincerely yours,

P Jamagne 

Replies

• Public

By Jordi ESCRIU

Dear Pierre,

Hope you are attending to the INSPIRE Conference in Barcelona, where we will run a workshop on implementation of coverage data and WCS services:

https://themes.jrc.ec.europa.eu/news/view/102169/inspire-conference-2016-tc-3-workshop-implementation-and-potential-of-inspire-coverage-data-and-wcs

This would be a nice place to directly ask this kind of questions.

If you are not attending, I will try to find candidates to answer them properly.

Jordi

• Public

By Jordi ESCRIU

Dear Pierre,

I am copying here the contribution from Peter Baummann, who asked me to post it in the platform.

___ Posted by Peter Baumann (12 December 2016) __________________________________________

Question 1: as per GML 3.2.1, the rangeParameters value is required, but can be empty. This has been inherited by GMLCOV/CIS 1.0 for backwards compatibility reasons (technically, a GMLCOV/CIS 1.0 schema should validate in GML), but it was not used. The rangeType component provides a much more comprehensive approach and is harmonized with SWE Common. So utilizing rangeParameters is discouraged.

Question 2: Axis orientation can be retrieved from the CRS definition whose URL is mandatory in a coverage - follow this path (EPSG:4326 used as example):

<gml:ellipsoidalCS><gml:EllipsoidalCS><gml:metaDataProperty><gml:axis><gml:axisDirection codeSpace="EPSG">north</gml:axisDirection>

Question 3: this addresses different representations of the same information. In the particular case on hand, CIS 1.1 does support a coordinate/value interleaving (and more including tiling).

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hope this is helpful.

Let us know if you have any remaining question.

Jordi

• Public

By Jordi ESCRIU

Since there are no more questions about this discussion, I proceed to close it.

Please, send me a message through the platform if you want to ask or add something else on this topic.

Jordi

This discussion is closed.

This discussion is closed and is not accepting new comments.

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

INSPIRE Thematic Cluster Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems, Geographical grids - Join this group to share your knowkledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems and Geographical grids themes