INSPIRE Thematic Clusters

Advantages and disadvantages of using TIFF/GeoTIFF files to store coverage values

• Public

Advantages and disadvantages of using TIFF/GeoTIFF files to store coverage values

Started by Jordi ESCRIU Replies (1)

Coverages within the INSPIRE context shall be encoded in GML - completely or partially (several options available: multipart representation, external file encoding, inline encoding) - See this discussion topic.

For the first two options mentioned (multipart representation / external file encoding), a well-known image file format such as TIFF/GeoTIFF shall be used to encode the range set, i.e. the values stored in the coverage. These file formats are commonly implemented and used in Member States for such a purpose.

This discussion topic is intended to pick up a comprehensive list of advantages and disadvantages of using the TIFF/GeoTIFF files to store the values of the coverages (e.g. for Elevation or Orthoimagery data).

Please, feel free to participate with your experience in this topic.

Replies

• Public

By Jordi ESCRIU

In the absence of contributions, I proceed to close this discussion topic.

Please, feel free to contact me through the plaform in case any of you may want to re-open the thread.

Jordi

This discussion is closed.

This discussion is closed and is not accepting new comments.

Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference Systems and Geographical Grids Cluster

Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference Systems and Geographical Grids Cluster

INSPIRE Thematic Cluster Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems, Geographical grids - Join this group to share your knowkledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems and Geographical grids themes