INSPIRE Community Forum

Discussion about amendmends for TG Land Cover and Land Use

• Public

Discussion about amendmends for TG Land Cover and Land Use

Started by Roland GRILLMAYER Replies (1)

Find attached a first proposal for for amendments to the TG for Land Cover and Land Use.
https://themes.jrc.ec.europa.eu/file/view/245979/at-proposed-changes-for-tc-land-cover-and-land-use

==========================================================================
Austrian proposal for amendments to the TG for Land Cover and Land Use.

Following changes are described in detail in  the attached dcument
TG Land Cover
AT001: Change relationship between LandCoverDataset and LandCoverUnit from the specialized association type “aggregation” to a normal association link.
AT002: Add the association role name dataset to the association LandCoverDataset – LandCoverUnit
AT003: Change the multiplicity for association role name dataset from 1 to 1...*

TG Land Use
AT004: Change the multiplicity for association role dataset from 1 to 1……*
AT005: Change the multiplicity for association role name “member” from 0 to 1...*

This document is only a first idea sketch and should serve as a basis for discussion.

With the hope to initiate a fruitful discussion
Best regards.
Roland

Replies

• Public

By Julián DELGADO

Dear Roland, I revised your proposals

About AT-001, 002, 003, I agree, these changes would simplified the implementation of WFS and GMLs for Land Cover theme.

About AT-004. As I understand, the reason to propose the change of multicity from the dataset side, is because a land use polygon can be in more than one dataset because does not change in the time period of the datasets. The idea is good and implementable, but would carries with more implications. At the moment the considerations for (LU or LC) datasets are ‘status layers’ from one particular datetime. Status layers ease the user interpretation, publication by webservices, etc. In summary… allowing (LC or LU) polygons in more than one dataset we would open a discussion about publication of ‘status layers’ dataset or ‘temporal continuos’ dataset in INSPIRE.

About AT-005, LU data is hard to be implemented in some cases, data can be addressed but not digitalized, or historically described at least only by the dataset and not by the polygons. From my side, I’m ok to accept multiplicity 1..*, if there is a consensous by the INSIRE community.

Best

Land Cover & Use

Land Cover & Use

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Land Cover and Land Use themes.