INSPIRE Community Forum

Data specification suitability - Deformation data from InSAR and GPS

• Public

Data specification suitability - Deformation data from InSAR and GPS

Started by Elena GONZALEZ Replies (1)

Dear members of Earth Science Cluster,

This is my first approach to INSPIRE Directive and also the first time I take part in this forum. I hope I'm making a proper use of it.

Within an European Project I have generated deformation maps making use of Sentinel1 images (PS-InSAR tecniques) and GPS data.

These maps will be the base of hazard and risk maps, together with other kind of information of course.

Having a look to Natural Risks Zones specification I am almost sure that it is not the specification I have to adapt to, Geology seems to be much more suitable.

I would like to know your opinion and guidance about it, specially if you are adapting similar produts to INSPIRE.

Kind Regards,

Elena

Replies

• Public

By László SŐRÉS

Dear Elena,

A straightforward way of linking observation data to spatial features is using the SamplingFeature schema. It is also the recommendation of the INSPIRE Cross Thematic Working Group on Observations & Measurements.
    Hazard/Risk maps encoded as NZ HazardCoverage and RiskCoverage can be referenced as sampledFeature from SamplingFeatures containing observation meatadata and deformation maps.
    May be, having an example it would be possible to be more specific.

Best regards,
    Laszlo Sores

Earth Science

Earth Science

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate with INSPIRE Earth Science Cluster for Geology, Soils, Natural Risk Zones, Mineral resources, and Energy resources