INSPIRE Community Forum

Best practices for multiple lithologies in one polygon?

• Public

Best practices for multiple lithologies in one polygon?

Started by Jake McGregor Replies (1)

Hello, I am hoping that someone could point me in the right direction to find best practices for representing multiple lithologies in one polygon. At present the list of terms is slash delimited and compliant with the lithology codelist. 

I know that it is best practice to have the inspire Codelist link i.e (http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/LithologyValue/breccia) as the property value. Does this stand true when representing multiple lithologies for a single polygon? And if so how is the best way to delimit a list of inspire codelist links? 

Replies

• Public

By Lola Boquera

Hello,

I think that in the UML Geological Model you have the dataType "CompositionPart" and his multiplicity is 1 or more for each GeologicUnit. I mean you can have as many CompositionParts (material, role and proportion) as lithologies have one geological unit. I hope I have clarified something.

Regards,

Lola Boquera

Earth Science

Earth Science

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate with INSPIRE Earth Science Cluster for Geology, Soils, Natural Risk Zones, Mineral resources, and Energy resources