INSPIRE Thematic Clusters

Existing Landuse harmonization in Hale

Dear LU group members,

I have set up a transformation in Hale Studio for existing Land use. It worked quite well, but I have 3 questions.

1) What sub field should I choose for the HILUCS Land Use code. I have chosen href as you can see in the picture below. Is that the right location?
Once transformed in GML and imported in QGIS, it won't show this href sub field as an attribute, so may be an other sub field would be better.

2) What should be entered? Just the code (like 3_1_1) or also the description behind it?

3) in the Tecnical Guideline page 117 (or 105 if you look at the nummer on the page) it states that there is a SLD seperately distributed. Where can I find it? 

Replies

• Public

By Emmanuil VERIGOS

When trying to open Hale studio (macOS)

This error displayed:

See the log file
    /Applications/hale studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/1522404634461.log

So application can't open !

• Public

By Bresters PIETER

I have a simular error in a Windows environment. If you open an existing Hale project it does not occur.

In the meanwhile, I found a solution for my first and second question with the help of the Hale Studio forum. "href" is the correct field to enter the Hilucs code. It should contain the URL of the code in the codelis like:

http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/HILUCSValue/6_2_AbandonedAreas

Qgis seems to have problems with subfields. To see the attribute in Qgis I missused the "name" field.

So the only question that remains is: Where can I find the SLD for existing LU?

• Public

By Lena Hallin-Pihlatie

Dear Pieter,

As far as I know, there isn't any place where to obtain INSPIRE SLDs. Such a repository would certainly be useful. 

Could you please share the ELU SLD file here at the TC for others to re-use if you went about to make one yourself?

A project that I'm involved in are producing SLDs for PLU (HILUCS, HSRCL). I'll share the files at the TC as soon as I have the green light to do so.

Lena

Land Cover and Land Use Cluster

Land Cover and Land Use Cluster

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Land Cover and Land Use themes.