INSPIRE Thematic Clusters

NUTS GML application schema

• Public

NUTS GML application schema

Started by Marcus Brühl Replies (5)

Dear all,

BKG Germany is planning to publish its NUTS data INSPIRE compliant. But we are not sure which schema to use. Although the NUTS data model is only informative in the INSPIRE data specification on Statistical Units, we really want to use it (and not only the generic Vector schema).

As far as we noticed, the NUTS GML application schema is currently only available as a draft schema version 3.0. The INSPIRE schemas version 4.0 only provide SU-Vector.

What is the status and the way forward concerning this? Can we use the draft NUTS schema version 3.0?

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed already. If yes, please redirect me.

Thanks!

Marcus Brühl / BKG Germany

Replies

• Public

By Bresters PIETER

Dear Marcus,

I must admit, I was not aware of this draft NUTS schema version 3.0.

Since it still is a draft, I would suggest to use http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/su-vector/4.0/

This su-vector schema was designed for NUTS regions as a typical example of a su-vector, so I wonder why this draft NUTS schema had been designed.

Best regards,

Pieter Bresters / Statistics Netherlands

• Public

By Katharina SCHLEIDT

Hiya,

From what I've seen, the SU 4.0 spec works nicely for NUTS data. I've got a prototype running with data scrounged off of the EuroStat Open Data Site, while not perfect, at least a running example (As a pragmatic geek, I understand stuff way better when I see it running ;) ):
    http://bolegweb.geof.unizg.hr:2017/geoserver/ows?service=WFS&version=2.0&request=GetFeature&typeNames=suv:VectorStatisticalUnit&outputFormat=gml32&count=5

Hope it helps!

:)

Kathi

• Public

By Marcus Brühl

Thanks for your comments. We will consider your replies and the example.

The idea to ask for an explicit NUTS schema is e.g. the additional property 'level' for feature type 'NUTSTessellation' in order to indicate the NUTS hierachical levels.

Best regards,

Marcus Brühl

• Public

By Bresters PIETER

This need exists for all other kind of statistical units, so I think we should adjust this in the SU-vector model.

I have raised this issiue earlier, because now it is very difficult for the user to distinguish between all the different types of SU. Once there is an attribute defining the type (like the nutslevel) we can filter on it.

Best regards,

Pieter Bresters

• Public

By Katharina SCHLEIDT

Just out of curiosity - are there also ambitions to include the hierarchical composition association from AreaStatisticalUnit (ideally without that class' area attributes)? I believe that this would be a valuable addition to a hierarchical level attribute

:)

Kathi

Statistical Units [SU]

Join this group if you would like to share knowledge or ask questions regarding the INSPIRE implementation of Statistical Units [SU] data theme.
Sub-Group of Statistical Cluster